Step 5 - Adding the Clocking Machine to TotalTime+ (networked clock)
Created by Dylan Marriott, Modified on Fri, 24 Feb 2023 at 02:49 AM by Dylan Marriott
This part of the guide will show you how to add the Clocking Machine to your software when the clock is networked.
You will need to remember the path that you had configured CSComms to put the clockings into, this will most likely be in C:/TotalTimePlus/Data/Terminal1.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Accessing the Terminal Setup section
- Collect clockings from the Clocking Machine
- Terminal connection is now configured
Accessing the Terminal Setup section
With TotalTime+ open you click the Set Up button pictured below:
Once clicked this will load up the Set Up section of TotalTime+
You will be presented with a screen similar to below:
This will load up the Terminals screen, this screen is used to configure any terminals you want to collect Clockings from.
Highlighted above are all the different settings you will need to change in order to be able to read clockings in from the Clocking Machine.
Follow the instructions below to configure the collection of clockings from the Clocking Machine:
- Start by setting the Terminal Type to C
- Ensure 'Connect via' is set to TCP/IP
- For the File Path click the browse button
- Similar to Step 2 we need to browse to the Folder that TotalTime+ is installed in
- Start off by double clicking the Drive, if TotalTime+ is installed on the C:\ Drive double click the Drive labelled (C:)
- Find the TotalTime+ Folder and double click it to expand it
- Find the Data Folder and double click it to expand it
- Lastly, click the Folder you had configured CS Comms to put the CSV/Clocking Files into
- Once the folder is highlighted click the OK button
- Repeat this for every terminal you have
You will then need to save the changes, you can do that by clicking the Floppy Disk / Save icon in the top left next to the door icon. Once saved click the door icon to go back to the main screen.
Collect clockings from the Clocking Machine
To get the latest clockings into the software click the 'Two Screens' icon in the top left of the software pictured below:
A dialog should pop up pictured below:
Once the collection has finished, you can click the door icon highlighted to close the collection dialog.
Terminal connection is now configured
Terminal connection is now complete you are ready to move onto the next section. If you need any assistance you can open a ticket at https://support.clockingsystems.co.uk, alternatively call 0113 258 7856 to book in a full install and training session.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article