Step 1 - Configuring your Clocking Machine
Created by Dylan Marriott, Modified on Fri, 24 Feb 2023 at 02:06 AM by Dylan Marriott
When you first receive your clock, the first step should be to Configure the Clocking Machine before you proceed with installing the software.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Powering the clock
- Connecting the clock to your network
- Retrieving the clocking machine's IP Address.
- Mounting your Clocking Machine to The Wall (Optional)
- Clocking Machine is now configured
Powering the clock
The clock has a standard UK Plug, this will need to be plugged in and powered on continuously. If the clock has no power, users will not be able to clock in or out, and the device may eventually lose track of the Time & Date.
Connecting the clock to your network
To be able to retrieve data from the clocking machine over the network, the clock must be plugged into your network using an ethernet Cable. The ethernet cable should be connected to your network and not your computer.
Employees can clock in and out without it being connected to the network, but it will lose the following capabilities:
- Automatically setting the time on the clocking machine to the same time that is on your computer.
- The ability to collect data at the click of a button.
- The ability to register cards on the terminal from your computer.
Retrieving the clocking machine's IP Address.
You will need to know the Clocking Machine's IP Address to be able to connect to it from your computer and to be able to download data and add cards. To do so please follow these instructions below:
- Press the M/ Button
- Under Administrator Login Press 0 and then OK.
- It will then ask you for a password, please enter 7856 and press OK.
- Use the right arrow to move across to the Network section and press OK.
- Press OK again to open up the Ethernet section.
- Write Down the Device IP. This is your Clocking Machine's IP Address.
- Press M/ three times to put the device back onto the main screen.
Mounting your Clocking Machine to The Wall (Optional)
You should have both the Power Cable and Ethernet Cable currently plugged into the machine, unplug them now and feed the wires through the square hole in the metal backplate, then follow the instructions below:
- Mount the backboard on the wall using the 4 screws provided (around 140 cm from the floor is normal).
- Unscrew the two black screws at the bottom of the Clocking Machine on the left and right side.
- Re-plug in both the Power Cable and Ethernet Cable.
- Put the clocking machine on the wall plate and screw in the screws that you had removed on Step 2.
- Ensure that the Clocking Machine is fixed in securely.
Clocking Machine is now configured
The clocking machine is now installed and you are ready to move onto the next section. If you need any assistance you can open a ticket at https://support.clockingsystems.co.uk, alternatively call 0113 258 7856 to book in a full install and training session.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article